Description

"I dwell in possibility" ~Emily Dickinson

Top Image

Top Image

Thoughts on the 31 day challenge

Posted on: 10.30.2012

Via Felisha Cullum

I am embracing the complete failure of the last half of this challenge. I think I petered out for a couple reasons. The first was just the unexpected schedule change: I traveled out of state for a while and then immediately took on a few small jobs that kept me out of my house for several days each.  But the biggest thing that kept me from writing daily was my own lack of knowledge. I went into I-used-to-be-a-college-student-and-I-know-how-to-research-well mode: voraciously attacking pieces of literature on intrinsic value and taking in too much information! I felt completely overwhelmed with how much others have already said on the topic, and to be honest, it seemed to me that they said it better than I would have. 

I found this exercise to be one that allowed me to explore my depth and understanding of one topic and to develop original expressions about it.

Next year I will plan to join this challenge again! Now that I know how it all works, I’ll try to be a bit more proactive…maybe even think of my topic earlier than the day before the first day of writing! ;)

Thanks to everyone who encouraged me and wrote with me throughout this month!  Please stick around… I have some new things happening next month here on Chapter Twenty! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts!

Chapter*Twenty All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger