Description

"I dwell in possibility" ~Emily Dickinson

Top Image

Top Image

Pain

Posted on: 4.30.2010

I’ve been thinking quite a lot about pain this week during my many hours of pain induced rest. Pain, whether it’s physical, emotional, or psychological is invisible. No one can look at another in pain and say, “I see your pain has reached the __ degree!” No, pain is singular to the one experiencing it. It can be described but never experienced by another through communication.
In a recent conversation with my mom, she mentioned that pain is obviously an evil: there is no better way to cause a person to only think of them self than to inflict pain. When in a state of pain, one’s heart isn’t willing to take on the burden of another, or even sympathize with another person as a Christian is called to do. The heart and mind are focused inward on the self.
Yet, through Jesus’ pain, suffering, and death I have been set free. Because his pain was selfless I have the ability to escape it. What an awesome Lord.


To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example that you should follow in his steps. – 1 Peter 2:21

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts!

Chapter*Twenty All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger