Description

"I dwell in possibility" ~Emily Dickinson

Top Image

Top Image

So here I sit. . . . like a bird in the wilderness?

Posted on: 2.09.2009

My grandma sings that song every time there is an awkward silence. "Here we sit like birds in the wilderness, birds in the wilderness, birds in the wilderness. Here we sit like birds in the wilderness, birds in the wilderness. . ." I think you got it. So I guess the point of the title is to explain that there is an awkward silence in my mind. I'm thinking everything at once, and nothing at all. That could partly be caused by the grande-iced-caramel-machiato-with-an-extra-shot that I got from Starbucks at 9:00 PM, but it could also be because I feel a hurricane of emotions: contentment, concern, wonder, excitement, nervous energy, calm reassurance, and nonsense. I'm sure that didn't make any sense to you, it hardly makes sense to me, so don't feel bad!
Sometimes I wonder why God made us each unique. While it definitely shows his masterful artistry, sometimes I wonder if we were all the same, wouldn't it be so much easier to help each other out? Sometimes I'm at a loss when it comes to compassion and love. At times my own self-consciousness keeps me from selflessly loving others. I'm not so sure I'm okay with that.
Also, the acoustic radio at last.fm is the bomb, and it just stopped working. So now I feel like my world is falling apart! No acoustic radio!? You've got to be kidding me!
For the record. . . I had an entirely surreal experience today. I was simply doing my philosophy homework which is reading, of course, and I was writing a reflection paper. Suddenly, I felt like I wasn't thinking in a language. I really felt like my thoughts were in tongues because I had NO WAY of putting them on paper! It was incredibly irritating.
Another random fact: I think caffeine stimulates the imagination because I am suddenly deathly afraid of the dark. And that's bad. Because I'm sitting in a booth. In the middle of the night. In pitch. Black. Dark.
Creepy.

1 comments:

  1. Birds in the wilderness...that sounds so poetic to me! I want to start writing again!

    God made us different for a reason! We would probably end up killing each other if we were all the same or just die from boredom! I love variety and I think He does too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts!

Chapter*Twenty All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger