Description

"I dwell in possibility" ~Emily Dickinson

Top Image

Top Image

How I learned to like wine

Posted on: 9.18.2012


At some point in my pre-teen years I begged my dad to let me take a sip of his wine. He didn’t give in right away, but after a few entreaties on my part, he finally allowed me to take one sip. I felt so grown up! Until I tasted it, that is. It no sooner hit my tongue then it hit the basin of the kitchen sink. Somehow the taste lingered throughout ever bite of dinner that night thereby curing me of my desire to drink alcohol {ever again}.   

Thankfully, there were some years between my traumatic first sip and my twenty-first birthday.  By the time I was of legal age I was ready to try again.  I started with sparkling dessert wine and quickly found myself liking this fluffy version of wine. My two favorite dessert wines so far are:

Stella Rosa and Moscato D'Asti

I was happy to stick with this type of wine.  At least I could look classy! After a while, though, I began to get tired of the sweet taste.  Don’t get me wrong, I still enjoyed these, but I was ready to try wine that was not on the dessert menu. 

Over the last couple of years, I have discovered plenty of wine that I find delicious. My {current, but ever changing} favorite types of wine are Merlot and Chianti. Sadly, I have the most rudimentary knowledge of wine-making and can by no means use any of the classy vocabulary that comes naturally to wine connoisseurs. But I can learn, right?

Do you have any recommendations? I’d enjoy your input!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts!

Chapter*Twenty All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger