Description

"I dwell in possibility" ~Emily Dickinson

Top Image

Top Image

Living big in a small town

Posted on: 8.27.2012


Okay, I know the High Desert is not truly a small town.  Half a million people live here; and we have access to Los Angeles, all the LA suburbs, San Bernardino and San Diego so I probably shouldn’t be complaining.  But the High Desert feels small to me.  I grew up here.  I run into old acquaintances nearly every time I leave the house.  And I get to engage in that same humiliating conversation…. the one where I say that I moved home, again; and that I’m still jobless though it’s not for lack of effort.

I’ve been trying to keep a positive attitude about life despite its current frustrations. So I’ve been thinking a lot about how I want to live in this season of life even while I feel like I’m in limbo.  I want to live BIG! Not in the “living large” kinda way. Nope. I’m not a partier. I don’t have money to party with anyway! But, I want to live in a way that still makes a positive impact on the people I rub shoulders with.

So I guess the point (I think I had a point!) is that I need to actually have a community.  Which also means that I need to rebuild community while I’m here.  Again.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts!

Chapter*Twenty All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger