Description

"I dwell in possibility" ~Emily Dickinson

Top Image

Top Image

location, location, location

Posted on: 6.29.2012

My family and I went on two mini-vacations this month. One to the ocean. One to the mountains. Because of the way vacation schedules lined up, these two vacations were back-to-back which provided quite the contrast to consider. While in the mountains I got to thinking about the impact geography can have on my sense of well-being and overall peacefulness. 

My place of peace is the ocean. Without. A. doubt. I love (LOVE!)  the sea. I can play in the waves and be perfectly content. I can sit on the shore and be perfectly content. I can hang out on the pier and be perfectly content. I can. . . well, you get the picture.  What makes me feel the most at peace when I’m in view of the ocean is that the ocean is the place where I feel God most tangibly.  


The sea demonstrates to me so many of God’s attributes that I can’t help but love it.

Then there are the mountains; mountains are not my place of peace. 



For some reason I do not feel that connection to the mountains though many people feel God most tangibly there.
The mountains cause me to feel nauseated {Winding roads! No thanks.}
I feel lost. I have a pitiful sense of direction on flat land. I’m helpless in the mountains. North? Oh, you mean straight ahead. That must be north.
And all I want to do is eat. My own case of altitude sickness?

I just can’t help but be amazed at how much of a distinction I feel between the two types of geography.  I appreciate that God connects to each of us in unique ways. And I love that He chose to connect with me through the ocean.

So how about you? Are you a mountain person? An ocean person? Where do you feel most connected with God? I’d love to hear your answers. :)

1 comments:

  1. Since I have lived most of my life in the Midwest, I will take either! I love them both. The ocean is calming, but since I am not a strong swimmer, it terrifies me a bit and I won't go where I can't see my feet. The mountains have snow, which I do not like. I loved when I lived in AZ and could always see "the foothills" (they were mountains to me).

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts!

Chapter*Twenty All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger